OUR DEODORANT IS CERTIFIED
An efficient and protective deodorant
Here is the second version of our deodorant. This time, it is solid and with cocoa butter. It is certified COSMOS Organic and is more efficient than our first version, as well as being gentler. Its deodorant action helps to fight against bacteria linked to body odour while protecting your skin.
Free from sodium bicarbonate, paraben, alcohol, aluminium salts, alum stone, it regulates perspiration throughout the day without blocking it, and respects your body’s natural function of toxin elimination through the skin.
Our deodorant is completely universal and unisex: it can be used by men, women, and children. As it releases a very pleasant natural cocoa smell, there is no need to add any perfume. Free from any essential oils, it suits all types of skin, even the most sensitive ones like those of pregnant women or children.
Its solid format makes it both economical and ecological. It lasts around two months. Once finished, don’t throw it out, you simply need to refill it. Get rid of all the plastic in your bathroom and take another step towards a zero waste lifestyle thanks to its biodegradable cardboard tube.
You can also take it with you on holiday. Even if it is warm outside, it won't melt in your bag as it is very resistant to high temperatures.
handmade in our workshop
Our deodorant composition
Our organic solid deodorant is handmade in our workshop in Marseille, using only four ingredients. These four raw ingredients are biodegradable and respect both your skin and the planet.
- Cocoa butter: from dried cocoa beans, it is moisturising, antioxidant, and healing. It has many beneficial virtues for the skin. Often used for cooking, it is also a great ally in cosmetics. Organic and COSMOS certified, origin Africa, Peru, and the Antilles.
- Carnauba wax: from a Brazilian palm tree, Copernicia prunifera, it is a great vegetable alternative to beeswax. This wax enables us to produce vegan and zero waste products as well as to protect the epidermis. Organic and COSMOS certified, origin Brazil.
- Triethyl Citrate: from citric acid, its action on body odour efficiently replaces controversial aluminium salts or sodium bicarbonate which is sometimes not well tolerated by sensitive skin. It regulates perspiration without blocking it. COSMOS certified, origin Germany.
- Powdered iris florentina: from the roots of violet iris, this powder moisturises and protects the skin while absorbing moisture. This was the main ingredient in the first version of our deodorant. We decided to keep it for its many qualities and benefits, never change a winning team! Origin Albania.
These four ingredients combined make a simple, natural, and efficient deodorant which can be used on all types of skin, even the most sensitive ones.
INCI ingredients: Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethyl Citrate, Iris Florentina Root Extract
Butter to calm and nourish
Cocoa butter comes from cocoa beans. 100% vegetable oil is obtained once the beans have been pressed. As it hardens, it turns into butter. This key ingredient in our solid deodorant contains many vitamins, fatty acids (oleic, stearic, and palmitic acids), and minerals which are very beneficial for the skin.
In our deodorant, this ingredient soothes and calms irritated skin after shaving without comprising its deodorant action. Its input in sterols gives it natural healing power.
It nourishes the upper layers of the epidermis to leave the skin soft and nourished thanks to its strong concentration in fatty acids. It can soothe some irritations on very sensitive skin which have throughout the years had allergic reactions to traditional deodorants.
A natural and efficient regulator
The triethyl citrate in our deodorant is the ingredient which guarantees its efficiency.
Made through a citric acid esterification process, it replaces aluminium salts and their controversial effects on our health. Its action consists in controlling bacterial enzymes responsible for body odour when sweating such as Staphylococcus hominis or Corynebacterium tuberculostearicum. It has excellent antibacterial properties.
Our solid deodorant isn’t astringent, meaning it doesn’t block sweating as this is a way for our body to get rid of our toxins and waste. However, it regulates our perspiration throughout the day to avoid sweat marks under the arms.
Our organic deodorant isn’t non-staining, but it fights against bacteria responsible for yellow marks on clothing, it will therefore implicitly limit marks from appearing.
This ingredient is tolerated by all types of skin, even the most sensitive, and it convinced us by its efficiency, its respect for the skin and the environment.
What they don't tell you about industrial deodorants
Some ingredients used in “standard” deodorants are controversial and we have decided to ban them from our deodorant.
- Aluminium chlorohydrate (ACH) and ammonium chloride, better known as aluminium salts, are very widely used, but they are nevertheless recognised as irritating and toxic for the skin. They penetrate its various layers and accumulate in our body. It can cause irritations or inflammations.
- Potassium alum (or whatever its derivative) is also considered as aluminium, an ingredient often questioned in the composition of deodorants.
- Propellant gases such as butane, ethane, and other gases which, once released into the atmosphere, increase pollution with volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Moreover, no studies on the effects on human beings have been published.
- Other additives like triclosan, a synthetic anti-bacterial but also known as an endocrine disruptor. Or all the different alcohols such as alcohol denat which has allergenic potential.
- Last but not least, in this second version of our deodorant, we have stopped using sodium bicarbonate as this ingredient isn't always tolerated by the most sensitive skin.
How to use our deodorant?
The first thing to do is to make sure your skin is clean (feet, armpits, torso, back, etc.). Of course, we can only recommend that you use our soap for that!
Then, you simply need to push the deodorant upwards to make it come out of the stick. Apply our solid deodorant on your skin going back and forwards a couple of times. The product is easy to apply.
To use our deodorant on non-shaved armpits, we recommend to previously apply the deodorant on your skin (on your forearm for example) for the product to melt slightly and make it easier to apply. If needed, you can run it under warm water for a couple of seconds for it to melt a bit.
Unlike some deodorants or antiperspirants, our deodorant doesn’t block the natural function of your body which is to eliminate toxins from the skin. If you are transitioning to a natural deodorant for the first time, it is possible that at first, you may feel like you are sweating or smelling more than usual. This is simply the transition period, it could take a couple of days (on average 7 to 10 days) for your body to regulate itself and get back to normal.
With its solid format, you can take your deodorant anywhere and everywhere, in your hand luggage or your bag.
Our deodorant releases a very pleasant cocoa smell. However, the smell won't stay on your skin once you have applied the deodorant. It will therefore not interfere with the smell of your perfume.
An eco-friendly and refillable stick
To pack our deodorant, there is no plastic, no alcohol, no propellant gases: our deodorant has everything to please.
Made out of four ingredients and free from essential oils, it is biodegradable and respects both your body and the environment.
As for the stick, it is made out of cardboard and is fully biodegradable, just like the label.
It is at its best. There is nothing more to add!
Frequently asked questions
How to refill our deodorant?
To refill our deodorant, you simply need to take the refill and replace it in your stick. Try to slide it in straight to avoid grating the sides and wasting some product.
Can your deodorant be used on sensitive skin / by pregnant women?
Our deodorant is suitable for sensitive skin. Triethyl Citrate is an ingredient that is very well tolerated by the skin and which is used in natural deodorants. Also, the absence of sodium bicarbonate makes it an ideal deodorant for fragile skin which doesn’t tolerate this ingredient.
As it doesn’t contain any essential oils, it can also be used by pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Is there an adjustment period?
Yes, if you weren’t using a natural deodorant beforehand, your body will need some time to get used to our deodorant. Your body will regulate itself within 7 to 10 days, as your body's natural methods to eliminate toxins won’t be blocked anymore. After this adjustment period, your body will regain its rights and our deodorant will protect you normally.
What is the active ingredient in our deodorant?
Triethyl citrate is the active ingredient replacing aluminium salts and other antiperspirants which can sometimes be aggressive. It helps to control bacterial enzymes, responsible for bad smells.
Tests carried out on our deodorant
Our products are made in France (Marseille) in line with the current French norms. Comme Avant focuses on transparency, quality, and customer respect. This is why we clearly display the tests we have carried on our products.