OUR DEODORANT IS CERTIFIED
MADE USING THE BEST MANUFACTURING METHODS THAT MEET THE HIGHEST STANDARDS
- ✓ Colorant-free
- ✓ Perfum-free
- ✓ Aluminium salt-free
- ✓ Synthetic product-free
- ✓ Alcohol-free
- ✓ Essential oil-free
- ✓ Endocrine pertubator-free
- ✓ Preservative-free
DON'T THROW AWAY YOUR ROLL-ON - GET A REFILL INSTEAD
An efficient and protective deodorant
Our deodorant is partly made out of powdered iris roots, a plant formally called "violet root" in French (racine de violette). It has incredible properties and has been used to eliminate bacteria for centuries. It also for protects, preserves, and treats skin.
Florentine Iris relieves allergies and external attacks on the skin. It sooths irritated, red, and dry skin. Irises are rich in essential juices, natural tannins, and carbohydrates, and can restores elasticity. It relieves seborrhoeal eczema by forming a protective, revitalising layer to protect your skin.
Our deodorant is suitable for men, women, and children. It gives off a very light smell of violet and can be applied on all skin types - including sensitive skin.
Our deodorant can be applied to body parts that are prone to sweating: feet, hands, chest, and armpits.
Without any paraben, alcohol, aluminum salt, or alum stone, it regulates perspiration without blocking it and enables the body to keep eliminating toxins. Our deodorant lets us forget about the unpleasant effects of sweating.
Our deodorant composition
Our deodorant is made by hand in our workshop in Marseille. We use handmade and natural techniques to produce our deodorant, following a simple but effective recipe with just four ingredients.
- White clay : absorbs excessive moisture and softens the skin. It also calms the epidermis after waxing. Origine France, COSMOS certified.
- Powdered orris roots (Iris Florentina) : protects, moisturises, and softens the skin, while absorbing moisture. Origin Albania
- Bicarbonate of soda : non-toxic, it eliminates bacteria and cleanses the skin while minimising undesirable odours. Origin France, COSMOS certified.
- Corn starch : helps hold the deodorant in place on your skin, absorbs perspiration, and softens the skin. Origin Austria, certified organic.
A deodorant, not an antiperspirant
Our deodorant does not block perspiration - perspiration is both natural and necessary even if can be a problem for people who sweat a lot.
However, it does have a small perspiration reducing effect because of the bicarbonate of soda. In the interest of your health and well-being we have chosen not to strengthen this anti-perspiration effect.
Our deodorant is antibacterial and acts in particular on bacteria linked to body odour such as Staphylococcus hominis or Corynebacterium tuberculostearicum. We need to remember that sweat is one of the ways our body gets rid of toxins and waste. Our roll-on deodorant isn't astringent. Blocking perspiration, this excretion, and skin pores stops our body from working properly. Sweating in warm weather or when exercising is natural and healthy !
Our deodorant isn't non-staining but it works against bacteria and therefore implicitly avoids yellow marks under the armpits.
What they don't tell you about industrial deodorants
Certain ingredients used in "traditional" deodorants can be controversial and we have decided to ban them from our products.
- Aluminum chlorohydrate (ACH) and ammonium chloride, better known as aluminum salts, are very widely used, but they are nevertheless recognised as irritant and toxic for the skin. They penetrate its various layers and accumulates in our organs. It can cause irritation, inflammation, and more.
- Potassium alum (or whatever its derivative) is also considered as aluminum, a metal that doesn't have its place in our bodies.
- Propellant gases such as butane, ethanes, and other gases which, once released into the atmosphere, increase pollution by volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Moreover, no studies on the effects on humans has been published.
- And finally the other additives like triclosan, a synthetic anti-bacterial but also known as an endocrine disruptor. Or all the different alcohols such as alcohol denat which is has allergenic potential.
How to use our deodorant?
It's very easy to use. It's a roll-on - i.e. a pot with a roller ball which allows the deodorant powder to pass through as it rolls over your skin.
The first thing to do is make sure your skin is clean (feet, armpits, torso, back, etc.). Naturally, we can only recommend that you use our soap for that.
Apply the roll-on delicately back and forth, then left to right. To know if you've put on enough on, you should have a whitish area without any lumps and should look like the area as pictured. If some of the powder falls on the floor, try to wet your armpit before applying the deodorant.
To see if you’ve put too much on, you can run your hand over your skin and no powder should fall off. If it's the case, don’t worry ! The powder will gradually disappear from your skin over the next few hours - don't be afraid to wear a tank top !
Our deodorant has a light smell of violets. If you want, you can add essential oils or your favorite fragrance. Our deodorant will not mask the scent of the essential oils or fragrances you add.
It might be a bit unsettling at the beginning because this deodorant is quite different from industrial roll-on or spray deodorants. But don’t worry, you’ll get used to it quickly !
Your body will need to regulate itself once you stop using your usual deodorant. You might sweat or smell a tiny bit more.
Don’t panic ! This is normal and will take up to 1 to 2 weeks for your body to get used to the change and regulate your perspiration and odour.
A refillable container
To store our powder deodorant, we have chosen recyclable PP plastic roll-ons. This type of container avoids the transfer of plastic matter in the product (unlike PET plastic).
Our deodorant is refillable. If you already have our roll-on (ours or an old jam jar), you just need to fill it up by only buying the refill. All our refills are in entirely compostable kraft paper bags.
A couple of frequently asked questions by our customers
How to refill the deodorant?
To refill your deodorant, you need to hold the deodorant on both ends, pull hard, as if you wanted to snap it in two. You can take this opportunity to clean the roller to avoid it getting stuck because of powder. Once the roller is removed and cleaned, you can add the deodorant powder. Make sure you properly shut the roll-on.
Can your deodorant be used on sensitive skin?
Yes, our deodorant is suitable for sensitive skin.
However, some people are intolerant to sodium bicarbonate, which is included in our deodorant.