Our makeup remover is certified
A gentle but efficient cleanser
Our natural Jojoba oil solid makeup remover is a gentle face cleanser which easily removes makeup (even waterproof), sebum excess, and all impurities. It nourishes and soothes your face, leaving your skin nice and soft. It doesn’t sting or irritate the eyes, even the most sensitive ones.
With its solid format, our makeup remover is very economical. Run the cleanser under warm water and rub it between your hands. Apply the white foam on your face and gently rub with a reusable wipe or just your hands. It won’t leave your skin sticky.
At last an organic zero waste makeup remover which will replace your liquid cleansers, lotions, and oils.
Our makeup remover composition
Our solid makeup remover is made in our workshop in Marseille, just like all our other cosmetics. It is handmade using a four-ingredient recipe. We selected them with care for their properties and virtues. These raw materials are both respectful of your health and our planet as they are biodegradable.
- Jojoba oil: an oil found in Jojoba seeds, a wild hazel tree from Latin America. Its composition close to that of our sebum, is an excellent skin regulator. Also known for its nourishing and healing action, it’s a great ally for makeup removal. Origin Argentina, organic and COSMOS-certified.
- Carnauba wax: comes from palm tree leaves which grow in north-eastern Brazil, the Copernicia prunifera. This wax isn’t palm oil and doesn’t contribute to deforestation. Only the leaves are used, and no trees are chopped down for its crop. It is an alternative to bees wax, great for a vegan and zero waste product. Origin Brazil, organic and COSMOS-certified.
- Kokum butter: it is made using Kokum fruit seeds. This tree originates from tropical forests in India and is known for its regenerative and moisturising power on the skin without leaving it greasy. Rich in omega 6 and 9, it is non-comedogenic and helps preventing spots and skin rashes. Origin India, organic and COSMOS-certified.
- Hydriol: vegetable emulsifier derived from olive oil, nicely named Polyglyceryl-4 oleate. It enables to clean and rinse the skin easily. Even waterproof makeup won’t resist it. Origin Switzerland, COSMOS-certified.
The precise combination of these four raw materials makes our solid makeup remover non-comedogenic and a true gentle and efficient cleanser.
INCI ingredients: Simmondsia Chinensis Jojoba Seed Oil (Jojoba oil), Copernicia Cerifera Carnauba Wax (Carnauba Wax), Garcinia Indica Seed Butter (Kokum butter), Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate (Hydriol).
A Jojoba tree can live up to one hundred years. It is found in Latin America and is nicknamed the “Gold of the desert” and gives olive-sized fruits. Jojoba oil comes from cold pressing of Jojoba seeds.
The Jojoba oil’s composition is very close to that of our skin’s sebum. Thanks to this similarity, it easily penetrates the skin without leaving a greasy feeling and regulates skin secretions.
It is soothing. It calms rashes as well as irritations and softens the skin. This oil is also great to fight against premature skin-aging.
A cleanser of natural origin
We decided to use Hydriol as surfactant in our solid organic makeup remover to thoroughly clean the skin while removing makeup.
Hydriol is a very gentle and non-ionic emulsifier derived from olive oil. It is obtained through a reaction between glycerol and oleic acid (olive oil component).
This reaction doesn’t generate any dangerous waste for the environment.
COSMOS-certified, it convinced us by its efficiency and its respect for the environment making it a great candidate for our organic and zero waste makeup remover.
How to use our makeup remover?
You simply need to run it under warm water and rub it between your hands until and a white layer appears. With a reusable makeup remover wipe or just your hands, use this white cream to remove your makeup as you usually would. You can also use it in the shower.
To properly remove your makeup, do delicate circular movements. For the eyes, gently rub your eyelids and lashes, the makeup will easily come off. Finish by rinsing your face.
Don't forget to wash your hands before using the makeup remover and to rinse the product after having used it. You can then store your cleanser on a soap holder or in a sterilised glass jar near your other hygiene products. Make sure it isn't in contact with water to avoid it melting too quickly.
It is important to clean your face even if you don’t wear any makeup to remove all the pollution particles and the day’s impurities.
Claire will show you how to use it
What they don’t tell you about industrial cleansers
Poly-Ethylene-Glycol (PEG) or Poly-Propylene-Glycol (PPG) are often found in conventional cleansers and are used as emulsifiers. Both of these ingredients are obtained through a heavy and dangerous chemical reaction, and their manufacturing is highly polluting.
Above all, they aren’t biodegradable and therefore also high in environmental consequences.
Makeup removers also often contain endocrine perturbators, or ingredients suspected of being as such. For example, parabens are commonly used as preservatives in cleansers.
It is not easy to combine simplicity, softness, and efficiency in a makeup remover. It is often either-or. Unfortunately, it is detrimental to the ingredients’ quality and of course to your skin and your health too.
More than just an oil
For the most eco-converted, you certainly only use vegetable oil to remove your makeup.
Opting for our natural cleanser has many advantages:
- It is solid and doesn’t come in a single-use plastic bottle or glass jar, which are rarely refillable.
- Unlike vegetable oil, it both cleans your skin and removes makeup, and doesn’t leave your skin greasy.
- It removes makeup without difficulty, even the toughest ones.
- It is ideal to travel. No more bottles in your toiletry bag.
Economic and eco-friendly
With this solid format, you will be able to replace all your single-use cleanser bottles in your bathroom. Go for a minimalistic bathroom and remove all liquid cleansers, oils, and lotions.
Our makeup remover is biodegradable, just like the cardboard box it comes in. For the product to dry after after each use, we recommend storing our makeup remover it in its cardboard packaging (open), placing it on a soap holder, or storing it in a glass jar (open and sterilised). The cardboard box can be used for occasional travels !
This small 40g format lasts around 2 months if used daily by one person. Once finished, you can go for the bigger versions (120g or 240g), even more cost-efficient. Cut a slice and store the rest in a sterilised box.
A few mistakes to avoid when removing your makeup
Each time you remove your makeup, you liberate your skin from makeup, impurities, and pollution.
Here are a few tips to remember when removing your makeup:
- Don’t forget to wash your hands before removing your makeup to avoid bacterial contaminations or simply spots.
- Don’t forget our makeup remover is solid and therefore concentrated. Wait until a white layer appears when rubbing our makeup remover and use this white cream on your face, a small amount is ample.
- Don’t forget, even if you wear waterproof mascara, don’t rub too much nor too hard. If necessary, gently and carefully go over once again around your eyes where the skin is very sensitive.
- Don’t forget you can use a wipe to make it easier and more efficient in order to rub less (perfect for sensitive skin).
- Don’t forget to always start with your eyes, which often have more makeup, and then do your skin. This will avoid going over several times.
- Don’t forget parts of the face like the neck or the lips. Even if these areas don’t have any makeup, perspiration and pollution are still present.
- Don’t forget our makeup remover both cleans and removes makeup at the same time so you can stop using any other makeup removers or cleansers.
- If your skin tends to be dry, don’t forget to moisturise.
We hope these tips will help you use our makeup remover and take care of your skin.
Frequently asked questions
How can the makeup remover bar be cut?
The makeup remover can be cut using a bread knife (or a guitar string). The 240g bar can be cut into 4 pieces, and the 120g half-bar into 2 pieces.
How to store the makeup remover?
To store our makeup remover, we recommend either placing it on a soap holder or storing it in a sterilised glass jar. Make sure it isn't in contact with water to avoid it melting too quickly.
Can the makeup remover be used on eyes?
Our solid makeup remover has been tested in a lab under dermatological control and can be used to cleanse the face and the eyes. Our makeup remover has only four ingredients, none of them being a risk for eyes. The eyes and their contour are sensitive zones, don’t rub too hard and from left to right (or the opposite) as this tends to irritate the eyelid.
Tests carried out on our makeup remover
Our products are made in France (Marseille) in line with the current French norms. Comme Avant focuses on transparency, quality, and customer respect. This is why we clearly display the tests we have carried on our products.